At the Traditional Door Company, we craft a stunning array of front doors, French doors, and sliding/folding doors, each uniquely tailored to our customers’ specifications.
As bespoke joiners, we specialise in providing expert advice on design, glazing options, and the selection of the finest timbers. We ensure that our traditional timber doors not only exude character and period detail but also maximise thermal insulation, durability, safety, and security.
From wooden conservatory doors to our wide selection of other door styles, every piece incorporates double glazing leads for enhanced insulation, a testament to our commitment to balancing aesthetic charm with modern functionality. Trust us to bring your door vision to life with unmatched craftsmanship and exceptional attention to detail.
Beautiful Handmade Timber Doors
The final result is a door that, with minimal care and attention will last 60 years+, give heightened
security, heat retention and create that all important first impression of your home.
Key features of our timber doors:
- High performance ‘A’ rated double glazing and replaceabledraught/weather seals
- High security multi-point locking as standard (other options available, including Banham locks)
- The finest timbers and paint covers available
- Replication of leaded glazing or original leads can be renovated and transposed into a replacement door
Examples of our timber doors
“2 years ago, we had 10 new wooden sash windows made and installed. This was after initially approaching 10+ companies and meeting up with 3. As I type this they are back at our house replacing the whole of our front elevation being 4 sash and 6 casement windows, so as you can tell we think their windows are great …. PS I am a Chartered Surveyor and would not recommend lightly. ”
Mr Vasdekys, W12
Thank you for creating and installing such good quality windows to meet our ever-changing designs. We are very happy with the results and are already recommending you to friends and family”.
Mr Rock, N10
“I had delayed replacing the original windows to my Edwardian house as I feared losing the fine detail and elegance, but The Traditional Window & Conservatory Company were the answer!. They replicated the exact appearance of the original windows–but what an improvement to both the heatand sound insulation!!. I am delighted! The company employees and representative were also polite,helpful and efficient. Thank you”.
Ms Campbell, TW1
Timbers used for our timber doors.
Stable timbers that enhance paint coating lifespan is the key to the long life of a window because if the coating remains intact, the window will last indefinitely.
|Accoya®||A modified timber and one of the world’s leading, long-life woods with a 50 year warranty against rot and warping.|
|Laminated Timber||Vacuum/pressure, Protim water based treated Redwood with a 30year warranty against rot and warping|
|Natural Finish||Light oaks, Douglas Fir and Red Grandis with a 30 year warranty|
|Glass & Glazing Types||Glazed to ‘A’ rated specification mainly consisting of 20mm Optiwhite glazing double glazed sealed units (4-12-4). This provides a centre pane U-value of 1.2w/m2k (the lower the number, the better the thermal insulation); The use of OptiwhiteTM glass helps to provide high visual clarity and purity of colour as there is no green tinge associated with some double glazing. This glass also gives more solar heat gain since it allows more heat from the sun, which can save on energy bills during the winter months.|
|Draught/Weatherproofing||To enhance the thermal insulation of the window, high specification seals, concealed within the window structure, are positioned so that they can be easily replaced if and when necessary.|
|Finishes||The latest, most advanced micro-porous treatments and finishes are used to maximise longevity and minimise future maintenance.|
|Safety & Security||Security, lockablesash fasteners and 2 (No.) sash stop locks fitted to each window, including child safety/ventilation locks as standard.|
Conservation Areas & Listed Buildings
We are conversant with the requirements for planning and have undertaken many successful Planning applications and where required, successful appeals to The Planning Inspectorate.
Fensa Building Regulation Certificate of Compliance
Where applicable for windows and doors we will arrange certification following installation.
Timber & Construction
- Traditional mortise and tenon joinery
- Three coats of micro-porous paint, spray painted in a controlled factory environment
Traditional elegant French Doors with modern benefits, giving light, warmth and security.
The combination of latest low emissivity glass double glazed units and patented draught/weather-proof seals ﬁtted as standard will maximise heat retention and reduce cold draughts, something we will all appreciate during the dark, cold days of winter.
Originally, French doors were only found in grand houses. However,they are now considered an important feature in any home, as they bring light and the garden into a room.
We are committed to conservation and use only the finest quality timbers from sustainable sources.
- Traditional mortise and tenon joinery to enhance period details and profiles
- Weatherseal with three coats of micro-Porous paint to maximise paint coating stability and minimise future maintenance needs
- Single or double glazing option to cater for listed buildings/conservation buildings
- Glazed with toughened safety glass to aid safety for young, old and to enhance security
- Compliant with current Building Regulations to enable us to issue FENSA building regulation certificate of compliance essential to obtain EPC for your home energy performance certificate, which is important if and when you sell/rent your house
- Security laminated glazing option to enhance protection of your property
- Security locking to comply with British Standards
All compliant to PAS 24 to provide security performance against any intruders